Saturday, August 23, 2014

Cinnamon Sugar Donut Muffins

As I outlined in this post, I have been away for too long and am extremely sorry about it. Back to the deliciousness! Ahem. My baby sister left for college today. She's truly truly amazing and beginning her sophmore year. School for her is about 2 hours from me so, way less hang out time during the school year as opposed to the breaks which is always hard to handle. Luckily, 2 hours is a great weekend road trip and breaks are frequent and fun.

In any case, I had grand intentions to make her these muffins in time but I didn't make the deadline what with the other happenings. They are a favorite of hers and she is a favorite of mine so, looks like I will be making a care package! 


I previously posted this recipe here, but that was for green beer day which means I dyed the muffins themselves green. Here you can see them in their true form, a nice white crumb, a thick cinnamon sugar crunch on the outside.




I made some mini muffins and some regular... but look how cute the lil bites are! Like pop-able lil donut holes. You must make these ASAP, non fried donuts people! Delicious, muffin donut hybrids! Make and enjoy, my awesome readers. Glad to be back and missed you much.




Sugar Donut Muffins
-3/4 cup sugar
-1 large egg
-1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
-2 tsp baking power
-1/4 tsp salt
-1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
-1/4 cup vegetable oil
-3/4 cup milk (low fat is fine)
-1 tsp vanilla extract
-2 tbsp butter, melted
-1/2 cup sugar and some cinnamon, for rolling
Preheat oven to 350F. Lightly grease a muffin tin with cooking spray or vegetable oil.
In a large bowl, beat together sugar and egg until light in color. In a small bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, salt and nutmeg. Pour into egg mixture and stir to combine. Pour in vegetable oil, milk and vanilla extract. Divide batter evenly into muffin pans.
Bake for 15-18 minutes for standard-sized muffins or 11-12 minutes for mini-muffins.While muffins are baking, melt butter and pour remaining sugar into a small bowl, add cinnamon to taste (about 1tsp worked well for me).
When muffins are done, lightly brush the top of each with some melted butter, remove from the pan and roll in sugar. Cool on a wire rack. Enjoy!





3 comments: